Evans Power Cool 180° is the coolant of choice for many professional racing teams and performance car specialists.
To be competitive, racing teams must ensure their engines are working at maximum efficiency. This objective is often compromised when water-based coolants vaporise around the combustion zone – generating hot-spots which lead to pre-ignition and detonation issues. Once formed vapour bubbles rarely dissipate while the engine is running under load, which can lead to premature wear of pistons, rings and liners, and in extreme cases seizure.
- Eliminates Overheating: Evans Waterless Coolants have a boiling point above 180°C and will not vaporise, thus eliminating overheating, boil-over and after-boil.
- Reduces Pressure: Evans Waterless Coolants generate very low vapour pressures reducing strain on engine hoses and cooling system components.
- Prevents Corrosion: Water promotes corrosion via oxidation and electrolysis – Evans Waterless Coolants contain no oxygen and are virtually non-conductive effectively preventing corrosion.
- Maximise BHP: Evans Waterless Coolants eliminate pre-ignition and detonation caused by overheating – thus increasing combustion efficiency and delivering more power.
- Stops Erosion: Evans Waterless Coolants stop cavitation and eliminate liner and cooling pump erosion.
- Freeze Protection: Evans Waterless Coolants freeze below -40ºC
- Non-Toxic: Evans Waterless Coolants are proven to be Non-Toxic. Standard anti-freeze is toxic and known to kill pets.
- No Water: Power Cool 180° contains no water eliminating the problems caused by water based coolants, increasing reliability and extending engine life.
- -40°c to +180°c: Power Cool 180° has a boiling point above 180°c eliminating the risk of overheating and boil-over associated to water based coolants.
- Low Pressure: Power Cool 180° generates 75% less vapour pressure than water based coolants, significantly reducing strain on hoses, seals and gaskets.
- Protection: Power Cool 180° reduces cavitation erosion by 75% compared with water based coolants and eliminates oxidation corrosion.
- Long Life: Power Cool 180° has been proven to last more than 20 years and a million miles in service without the need for replacement.
- Non Toxic: Power Cool 180° has been tested and certified as Non Toxic by an EPA approved laboratory. It is biodegradable and will not bio-accumulate.
For high performance engines fabricated from a mixture of cast iron, copper, steel and aluminium components
- Physical State: Low Viscosity Synthetic Liquid
- Boiling Point: Above 180°C
- Freezing Point: Below -40°C
- Colour: Red Clear
- Odour: Almost odourless
- Taste: Slightly Sweet, Non-Toxic but not recommended for human consumption
Evans in association with ASTM committee D15.22 have developed a specific range of standards for waterless engine coolants.
All Evans Coolants are manufactured in accordance with certified ISO procedural standards.
Estimated dispatch time within 3 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.