By simply plugging in this ECU kit, a whole new level of control is available for both the manual and DSG models.
Included within the N54 ECU Kit is the Syvecs S7 Plus Engine Management Unit which offers an extremely high level of precise engine management control. Featuring a triple processor unit uses a high speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high speed engine position tracking. This allows the scheduling of code to be independent of signal patterns, increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. The powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms but yet easy to map for the end user still using the Syvecs SCal software and S7 Firmware.
Further information can be found in the features toggle below:
- Live Tuning of every aspect of the engine’s calibration, including signals sent to the DSG ECU.
- Ability to select desired engine map, boost level, traction and launch control levels through 8 Position switch or via OEM Cruise control levers.
- Fully adjustable Launch control with Anti-lag strategies and Ramp in Maps.
- Ability to control aftermarket high pressure and low Pressure pumps.
- Full variable valve timing control.
- Closed loop Dual Lambda Control using OEM lambdas.
- Flex Fuel control.
- Flat Shifting. (No need to remove foot from pedal sensor on shifting)
- Cruise Control add on.
- Control the OEM Injectors and additional port injectors for high power installations where staged injection may be required.
- Fully adjustable closed loop boost control with launch level adjustments and trims for turbo speed, air charge, engine coolant temp, exhaust gas temperatures etc.
- Monitor and trimming of exhaust gas temperatures.
- Built in data logging using a market leading analysis software of up to 8 hours, with data rates at up to 1000hz.
- Rolling Antilag / Pit lane limiter strategies. Great for building boost on a roll.
- Anti-theft and valet modes.
- Super fast connection via RJ45 Ethernet port for live tuning anywhere in the world or even remotely if on track and connected to a wireless unit.
- Adjustable traction control strategies based on lateral g, steering angle and/or individual wheel speed monitoring.
- 4 programmable and selectable target slip maps. An immediate torque reduction can be applied by the ECU via ignition retard or a fuel cut.
- Configurable Engine Safety Trips on all important parameters such as oil temperature and oil pressure.
- Fuel pump control of both main Direct Injection pumps, and sub pumps, as well as relative fuel pressure monitoring and limiting in the event of fuel pressure dropping on boost.
- 4 different Pedal to Throttle Angle maps with multipliers for different parameters e.g. speed. Again adjustable via steering wheel buttons.
- Configurable individual cylinder closed loop knock control, to suit any cylinder modification with adjustments to frequency, windows for listening and gains for each cylinder. Ability to trigger full cylinder shutdown in severe knock conditions.
- Ability to change torque levels and demand levels sent to the DSG ECU for changing clutch pressure and Pull away drivability.
- Change torque reduction levels on shifts.
- Ability to change Torque ramp in after launch.
- Change throttle blip requests to match your torque band. Especially useful on oversized turbo installations.
- Run up to 7 bar map sensors.
- Control high or low impendence injectors.
- Change injector dead times based on voltage levels for proper control.
- Change injector end angle to ensure injection point is properly calibrated.
- Ability to fit any type of external sensor to monitor and trigger safety trips from anything such as crank case pressure to damper position.
- Ability to use any size DBW throttle body e.g. Chevrolet LS7.
- Wet and Dry – wet and dry nitrous control with ability to drive solenoids directly and control n20 heaters via pressure monitoring.
- Ability to control any external vehicle features based on sensor inputs e.g. Adjustable rear wing linked to G force or exhaust control valves.
- Connect any race series dash or even one of our partners’ Touchscreen CANBUS adjustment /display units.
- View any input live with built in scope up to 1000hz.
Plus much, much more!
Q) Which of the original features will now not work?
A) All of the features will work.
Q) Can I run Port Injectors with the kit also?
A) Yes. 6 additional Port injectors can be fitted, which will be linked into all of the torque management strategies to ensure that during fuel cut events it is safe.
Q) Do the OEM BSD oil Level and temp sensors work?
A) Yes. These can be monitored and logged also.
Q) Can I use the OBD port still to log, read codes and clear them on other ECUs on the car i.e ABS?
A) Yes. This can be done via any BMW tools but make sure “Car Code 2″ is set to “0″.
Q) Can I do a gearbox adaption with the Syvecs on the DSG gearbox?
A) Yes you can. It is explained in the Cal – Comments of the ECU base map but you need to go to I/O Configuration – Car Coding 2 – Then set the value at 7. Please note, this can only be done when the engine is fully warmed up and used for at least 10mins of driving so gearbox is up to temp. Ensure the car is in park and brake is pressed.
All ECU’s are configured to order so the lead times can vary. Estimated dispatch time within 10 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.