By simply plugging in this ECU kit, a whole new level of control is available for both the Manual and DSG models. Included within the BMW E92 M3 ECU Kit is the Syvecs S7 Plus Engine Management Unit which offers an extremely high level of precise engine management control. Featuring a triple processor unit uses a high speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high speed engine position tracking. This allows the scheduling of code to be independent of signal patterns, increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. The powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms but yet easy to map for the end user still using the Syvecs SCal software and S7 Firmware.
Further information can be found in the features toggle below:
- Live Tuning of every aspect of the engine’s calibration, including signals sent to the DSG ECU.
- Ability to select desired engine map, boost level, traction and launch control levels through 12 Position switch or via OEM Cruise control.
- Fully adjustable Launch control with Anti-lag strategies and Ramp in Maps.
- Full Variable Valve Timing control.
- Closed loop Dual Lambda Control using OEM lambdas.
- Flex Fuel control.
- Cruise Control add on.
- Control the OEM Injectors and additional injectors for high power installations where staged injection may be required.
- Fully adjustable closed loop boost control with launch level adjustments and trims for turbo speed, air charge, engine coolant temp, exhaust gas temperatures etc.
- Monitor and trimming of exhaust gas temperatures.
- Built in data logging using a market leading analysis software of up to 8 hours, with data rates at up to 1000hz.
- Rolling Antilag / Pit lane limiter strategies, great for building boost on a roll.
- Anti-theft and valet modes.
- Super-fast connection via RJ45 Ethernet port for live tuning anywhere in the world or even remotely if on track and connected to a wireless unit.
- Adjustable traction control strategies based on lateral g, steering angle and/or individual wheel speed monitoring.
- 4 programmable and selectable target slip maps. An immediate torque reduction can be applied by the ECU via ignition retard or a fuel cut.
- Configurable Engine Safety Trips on all important parameters such as oil temperature and oil pressure.
- Fuel pump control of both main Direct Injection pumps & sub pumps, as well as relative fuel pressure monitoring and limiting in the event of fuel pressure dropping on boost.
- 4 different Pedal to Throttle Angle maps with multipliers for different parameters e.g. speed. Again, adjustable via steering wheel buttons.
- Configurable individual cylinder closed loop knock control, to suit any cylinder modification with adjustments to frequency, windows for listening and gains for each cylinder. Ability to trigger full cylinder shutdown in severe knock conditions.
- Ability to change torque levels and demand levels sent to the DSG ECU for changing clutch pressure and Pull away drivability.
- Change torque reduction levels on shifts. Essential for very high power M3 applications with DSG where the OEM levels of reductions are not enough with the added torque from a Twin Turbo Kit.
- Ability to change Torque ramp in after launch.
- Change throttle blip requests to match your torque band. Especially useful on oversized turbo installations.
- Run up to 7bar map sensors.
- Control high or low impendence injectors.
- Change injector dead times based on voltage levels for proper control.
- Change injector end angle to ensure injection point is properly calibrated.
- Ability to fit any type of external sensor to monitor and trigger safety trips from anything such as crank case pressure to damper position.
- Ability to use any size DBW throttle body e.g. Chevrolet LS7.
- Wet and Dry – wet and dry nitrous control with ability to drive solenoids directly and control n20 heaters via pressure monitoring.
- Ability to control any external vehicle features based on sensor inputs e.g. adjustable rear wing linked to G force or exhaust control valves.
- Connect any race series dash or even one of our partners’ Touchscreen CANBUS adjustment /display units.
- View any input live with built in scope up to 1000hz.
Plus much, much more!
Frequently Asked Questions:
FAQ’s and Help
Q) Can I clear the error codes on the DSG from the Syvecs?
A) Yes. See Cal – Comments in the Base map. You need to go to I/O Configuration at the bottom of SCal – Tree – Car Coding. Click on Car Coding 2 then enter the number 5 and back to 0.
Q) Can I log clutch pressures from the TCM?
A) Yes. The Syvecs communicates with the DSG Trans Computer and requests the data. This is then sent back to the Syvecs, under User Defined Sensors – Clutch 1 Pressure and Clutch 2 Pressure. Add these in SCFG to your logging config to monitor in datalogs.
Q) Do I use the Ion detection still for knock control?
A)No. We allow you to wire in 2 x Bosch Donut knock sensors (Part number – 0261231110 / Cross-Reference: 0031538628) which are already calibrated and setup in
the base maps for doing knock control and monitoring each individual cylinder.
Q) Which of the original features will now not work?
A) All of the features will work.
Q) Can I use the OBD port still to log, read codes and clear them on other ECUs on the car like ABS?
A) Yes. Via any BMW Tools. But make sure Car Code 2 is set to “0”.
Q) I am wanting to turbo charge the engine. How do I trim the Ignition and Fueling for this?
A) Because the Base map is designed for a stock engine based on Alpha N, tuning it is really simple. To add addition fueling for a turbo or remove ignition, you need to add a Map Sensor on the engine and wire into a spare input above as shown. Then under Run-Mode Fueling – Corrections – Simple Manifold Pressure Multiplier.. add addition fueling based on Map Signal…. Same goes for trimming Ignition timing under under Run-Mode Ignition – Corrections – Simple Manifold Pressure adder.
Q) Can I do a Gearbox Adaption with the Syvecs on the DSG Gearbox?
A) Indeed you can. It is explained in the Cal – Comments of the ECU base map, but you need to go to I/O Configuration – Car Coding 2 – Then set the value at 7. Please note, this can only be done when the engine is fully warmed up and used for at least 10mins of driving so gearbox is up to temp. Ensure the car is in park and brake is pressed.
All ECU’s are configured to order so the lead times can vary. Estimated dispatch time within 10 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.