The Life Racing F88 ECU features twin processor units which use a high speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high speed engine position tracking. This allows scheduling code to be independent of signal patterns thus increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. This powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms yet remains easy to calibrate for the end user.
The F88 ECU is designed to control complex modern engines including direct injection for gasoline and diesel fuels (in conjunction with an external GDI drive module). Standard strategies include, turbocharged, supercharged, drive by wire, quad vvt, vtec, gearbox, differential and many more. The internal data logging coupled with a unique crank and cam sync logger allows detailed analysis of inputs, control signals and fault diagnosis.
This powerful hardware is packaged within a lightweight CNC machined aluminium case designed to be installed in harsh motorsport environments.
Life Racing F88 Specification:
- Powerful RISC CPU for advanced strategy execution
- Custom synchronous FPGA processor for engine position tracking up to 25,000rpm
- 28 user configurable general purpose Pulse Width Modulated power outputs, including:
- 8 ignition coil outputs IGBT or TTL (Software configurable)
- 16 general PWM/Fuel injector outputs
- 2 full bridges also configurable as 4 half bridges or 4 PWMs (DbW & HDP-5)
- 24 user configurable general purpose analogue sensor inputs, including 16 bipolar, inductive or hall effect speed / engine position inputs
- 6 dedicated inputs, including:
- Acoustic knock sensor inputs (x2)
- Wideband (NTK) lambda sensor interface (x2)
- K-type thermocouple sensor interfaces (x2)
- 100 MHz full duplex Ethernet for calibration, configuration and data download
- 2 CAN 2.0B interfaces for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- RS232 serial interface for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- 128MB battery backed internal logging memory
- Ultra-Fast data download via Ethernet
- Time/Date stamped data via real time clock
- 6V to 32V input voltage range with reverse polarity protection
- 2 regulated 5V sensor supply output with individual short circuit protection
- Software configurable (5V to 12V) sensor supply output (e.g. for 10V load cells)
- 5 Separately protected sensor and communication ground input
- 88 way Bosch / AMP sealed connector
- Sealed CNC machined anodised aluminium case
- Maximum dimension including the connector is 178mm x 122mm x 36mm
- Max operating temperature 85°C
- Total mass 485 grams
- Adaptive Knock Control
- Diesel Control
- Direct Injection Pump Control*
- Direct Motor Control
- Gearbox Control
- Traction Control
- Custom Security
All of the additional upgrade features for the Life Racing F88 ECU are available for an additional charge in the options above.
Please Note: For *Direct Injection Pump Control, Life Racing’s Gasoline Direct Injector (GDI) driver is required to power GD injectors which is available separately.
- 12 Ignition Outputs
- CAN3 Replaces Second Lambda
Please note: Build time choices are configured whilst the ECU is initially programmed and cannot be added at a later date. It is critical that these options are considered carefully. These build time choices are available for an additional charge in the options above. Please Contact Us if you require any assistance with choosing the spec of your new ECU.
- This equipment comes with a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects and failures however misuse or damage will not be covered under warranty.
- Warranty may be extended on an annual basis via a system refurbishment scheme.
- This ECU contains a battery which can be returned to Life Racing for a replacement, a charge may be made for this service
Here at Northampton Motorsport, we also offer a full wiring and fitting service as well as engine calibration on our in house Superflow AD30 2 wheel drive chassis dyno. For more information, please contact us and a member of our team would be happy to assist with your enquiry:
All ECU’s are configured to order so the lead times can vary. Estimated dispatch time within 10 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.