This Life Racing F88R-Series features a twin processor unit which uses a high speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high speed engine position tracking, allowing scheduling code to be independent of signal patterns thus increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. This powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms yet remains easy to calibrate for the end user.
The F88R-Series have been designed to control complex modern port fuel injected engines. Standard strategies include, turbocharged, supercharged, drive by wire, quad vvt, vtec, gearbox, differential and many more. The internal data logging coupled with a unique crank and cam sync logger allows detailed analysis of inputs, control signals and fault diagnosis.
This powerful hardware is packaged within a lightweight high pressure die cast aluminium case designed to be installed in harsh motorsport environments.
- F88R ECU:
- Configurable Inputs: 24
- PWM/Injector Outputs: 8
- Memory: 32MB
- F88RS ECU:
- Configurable Inputs: 24
- PWM/Injector Outputs 12
- Memory: 32MB
- F88RX ECU:
- Configurable Inputs :24
- PWM/Injector Outputs: 16
- Memory: 64MB
For a full breakdown, please see pages 4 & 5 on the downloadable data sheet below.
- Powerful RISC CPU for advanced strategy execution
- Custom synchronous FPGA processor for engine position tracking up to 25,000rpm
- Up to 26 user configurable general purpose Pulse Width Modulated power outputs, including:
- Up to 6 ignition coil outputs IGBT or TTL (Software configurable)
- Up to 16 general PWM/Fuel injector outputs
- Up to 2 full bridges also configurable as 4 half bridges or 4 PWMs (DbW)
- 24 user configurable general purpose analogue sensor inputs, including up to 8 bipolar, inductive or hall effect speed / engine position inputs
- Up to 4 dedicated inputs, including:
- Optional 2 acoustic knock sensor inputs
- Up to 2 wideband (NTK) lambda sensor interface
- 100 MHz full duplex Ethernet for calibration, configuration and data download
- 2 CAN 2.0B interfaces for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- RS232 serial interface for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- 32MB[R & RS] or 64MB[RX] battery backed internal logging memory
- Ultra-Fast data download via Ethernet
- Time/Date stamped data via real time clock
- 6V to 32V input voltage range with reverse polarity protection
- 2 regulated 5V sensor supply output with individual short circuit protection
- 5 Separately protected sensor and communication ground input
- 88 way Bosch / AMP sealed connector
- Sealed high pressure die cast black powder coated aluminium case
- Maximum dimension including the connector is 183mm x 125mm x 36mm
- Max operating temperature 85°C
- Total mass 480 grams
- Direct Motor Control
- Gearbox Control
- Traction Control
- Custom Security
All of the additional upgrade features for the Life Racing F88R ECU’s are available after your purchase for an additional charge.
- 6 Ignition Outputs
- 8 Frequency Inputs
- Adaptive Knock Control
- CAN3 Replaces Second Lambda
- Second Lambda Input
Please note, build time choices are configured whilst the ECU is initially programmed and cannot be added at a later date. It is critical that these options are considered carefully. Please contact us using the “contact us button” at the bottom of this listing if you require any assistance with choosing the spec of your new ECU.
- This equipment comes with a 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects and failures however misuse or damage will not be covered under warranty.
- Warranty may be extended on an annual basis via a system refurbishment scheme.
- This ECU contains a battery which can be returned to Life Racing for a replacement, a charge may be made for this service.
Here at Northampton Motorsport, we also offer a full wiring and fitting service as well as engine calibration on our in house Superflow AD30 2 wheel drive chassis dyno. For more information, please contact us and a member of our team would be happy to assist with your enquiry:
All ECU’s are configured to order so the lead times can vary. Estimated dispatch time within 10 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.