This Life Racing F90A features a twin processor unit which uses a high-speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high-speed engine position tracking. This allows the scheduling of code to be independent of signal patterns, increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. This powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms but yet easy to map for the end user.
The F90A is designed to control complex engines including, turbocharged, supercharged, twin drive by wire, quad cam, quad vvt, vtec, gdi, gearbox, differential and much more! The unique crank and cam sync logger allow the flexibility of controlling the most awkward trigger patterns capable of running all current known patterns and even future OEM timing wheels.
This powerful hardware is packaged within a lightweight CNC billet aluminium case. Designed to be installed in the harshest of motorsport environments.
Life Racing F90A Specification:
- Powerful RISC CPU for advanced strategy execution
- Custom synchronous FPGA processor for engine position tracking up to 25,000rpm
- 50 user configurable general purpose pulse width modulated power outputs, including:
- 12 ignition coil outputs IGBT or TTL (Software configurable)
- 24 fuel injector outputs
- 8 general PWM outputs or 8 analogue inputs (Software configurable)
- 3 full bridges also configurable as 6 half bridges or 6 PWMs
- 36 general purpose analogue sensor inputs, including up to 16 bipolar, inductive or hall effect speed / engine position inputs 8 dedicated inputs, including:
- 4 acoustic knock sensor inputs
- 2 wideband (NTK) lambda sensor interfaces
- 2 K-type thermocouple sensor interfaces
- 100 MHz full duplex Ethernet for calibration, configuration and data download
- 2 CAN 2.0B interfaces for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- RS232 serial interface for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- 128MB battery backed internal logging memory
- Ultra fast data download via Ethernet
- Time/Date stamped data via real time clock
- 6 to 32V input voltage range with reverse polarity protection
- 2 regulated 5V sensor supply output with individual short circuit protection
- Software configurable (5 to 12V) sensor supply output (eg for 10V load cells)
- 5 Separately protected sensor and communication ground inputs
- 3 Deutsch Autosport connectors with a total of 136 pins
- CNC machined, ‘O’ ring sealed, anodised aluminium case
- Maximum dimensions including the connectors are 197 x 182 x 44 mm
- Operating temperature up to +85°C
- Sealed to IP67
- Total mass is ~950 grams
Available Upgrade Features
- Adaptive Knock Control
- Diesel Control
- Direct Injection Pump Control*
- Direct Motor Control
- Gearbox Control
- Traction Control
- Custom Security
All of the additional upgrade features for the Life Racing F88 ECU are available for an additional charge in the options above.
*Please note: For Direct Injection Pump Control, Life Racing’s Gasoline Direct Injector (GDI) driver is required to power GD injectors (available separately).
Please Contact Us if you require any assistance with choosing the spec of your ECU.
Here at Northampton Motorsport, we also offer a full wiring and fitting service as well as engine calibration on our in house Superflow AD30 2 wheel drive chassis dyno. For more information, please contact us and a member of our team would be happy to assist with your enquiry:
All ECU’s are configured to order so the lead times can vary. Estimated dispatch time within 10 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.