Featuring twin processor unit which use a high-speed RISC processor for code execution and an additional large FPGA for high-speed engine position tracking, allowing the scheduling of code to be independent of signal patterns, increasing flexibility, efficiency and accuracy under transient conditions. This powerful combination also allows advanced control algorithms but yet easy to map for the end user.
The F90RX is designed to control complex engines including, turbocharged, supercharged, twin drive by wire, quad cam, quad vvt, vtec, gdi, gearbox, differential and much more! The unique crank and cam sync logger allow the flexibility of controlling the most awkward trigger patterns capable of running all current known patterns and even future OEM timing wheels.
All of this hardware is packaged within a lightweight CNC billet aluminium case. Designed to be installed in the harshest of motorsport environments.
- Powerful RISC CPU for advanced strategy execution
- Custom synchronous FPGA processor for engine position tracking up to 25,000rpm
- 50 user configurable general purpose Pulse Width Modulated power outputs. Including:
- 12 ignition coil outputs IGBT or TTL (software configurable)
- 24 general PWM/Fuel injector outputs
- 8 additional general PWM outputs pin shared with 8 analogue inputs (software
- 3 full bridges also configurable as 6 half bridges or 6 PWMs
- 28 user configurable general purpose analogue sensor inputs, including 16 bipolar, inductive or hall effect speed / engine position inputs
- 8 additional analogue inputs pin shared with general PWM outputs (software configurable)
- 8 dedicated inputs, including:
- 4 acoustic knock sensor inputs
- 2 wideband (NTK) lambda sensor interface
- 2 K-type thermocouple sensor interfaces
- 100 MHz full duplex Ethernet for calibration, configuration and data download
- 3 CAN 2.0B interfaces for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- RS232 serial interface for communication with other controllers or logging systems
- 128MB battery backed internal logging memory
- Ultra-Fast data download via Ethernet
- Time/Date stamped data via real time clock
- 6V to 32V input voltage range with reverse polarity protection
- 2 regulated 5V sensor supply output with individual short circuit protection
- Software configurable (5V to 12V) sensor supply output (e.g. for 10V load cells)
- 5 Separately protected sensor and communication ground input
- Twin split sealed connector with a total of 121 pins
- CNC machined sealed anodised aluminium case
- Maximum dimensions, including the connector, are 178mm x 161mm x 41mm
- Max operating temperature 85°C
- Total mass 670 grams
- Adaptive Knock Control
- Diesel Control
- Direct Injection Pump Control*
- Direct Motor Control
- Gearbox Control
- Traction Control
- Custom Security
All of the additional upgrade features for the Life Racing F90RX ECU are available after your purchase for an additional charge.
*Please note, for Direct Injection Pump Control, Life Racing’s Gasoline Direct Injector (GDI) driver is required to power GD injectors which is available separately.
- 1 year limited warranty when used within supplied specification
- Warranty may be extended on an annual basis via a system refurbishment scheme
- This ECU contains a battery which can be returned to Life Racing for a replacement. Please note, a charge may be made for this service.
Here at Northampton Motorsport, we also offer a full wiring and fitting service as well as engine calibration on our in house Superflow AD30 2 wheel drive chassis dyno. For more information, please contact us and a member of our team would be happy to assist with your enquiry:Contact Us
All ECU’s are configured to order so the lead times can vary. Estimated dispatch time within 10 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.