One of the main advantages of the ECUMaster PMU16 is continuous current sensing and self-resetting function if the current exceeds a defined level. All output state, voltage and current information can be logged and transmitted via a CAN bus to dash displays to inform drivers of potential problems.
An additional advantage of the PMU16 system is the ability to define logic for controlling outputs. This is done with data from analogue input channels or CAN bus data, and math operations can be defined for each channel. The PMU is also equipped with LED indicators to show the status of each output.
With use of CAN bus keypads or steering wheel switches, all wiring is vastly simplified and lightened.
Two unique features are the inbuilt accelerometer and gyro for logging and “inertia switch” in case of an accident.
The PMU16 is assembled according to IPC-S-815A standards to ensure product reliability. The device is manufactured on an automated assembly line with optical inspection, and automated testing (including burn-in). The PCB material and design, special surface coating and IP60 enclosure ensure reliability even in the harshest environments. Carefully selected components allow for continuous and reliable operation across a very wide temperature range (AECQ-100 GRADE 1 (-40 to +125˚C).
ECUMaster PMU16 Power Management Unit Specification:
- Temperature range AECQ100 GRADE1 (-40 to +125˚C)
- CPU 32 bits automotive, 90MIPS
- Operating voltage 6-22V, immunity to transients according to ISO 7637
- Enclosure IP 60, bespoke CNC machined aluminium
- Size (mm) and weight(g) 131x112x32.5, 345g
- Connectors 1 x 39 Automotive connector,
- 1 x M6 stud for battery connection
- PC communication CAN (ECUMASTER USB to CAN, PEAK CAN, KVASER)
Its important to note that to connect the ECUMaster PMU16 to a Laptop or PC, you will need the purchase the ECUMaster USB to CAN adaptor. The mating connectors and terminals are included with the PMU.
- High current outputs 10 x 25A(cont.), 6 x 15A(cont.) with overcurrent and overheating protection. Outputs may be paired to increase continuous current capability. Current and voltage is measured for each output
- Total current output 150A continuous
- Output current control step 100mA
- Wipers output Dedicated output with wiper braking feature
- +5V Monitored 5V, 500mA output for powering external sensors.
- Analog inputs 16 inputs, 10 bit resolution, 0-5V (protected), with software selectable 10K Ohm pullup and pulldowns
- CAN Keypads 2 x ECUMaster keypads (4, 6, 8, 12 keys)
- Output state indication 16 bicolour LEDs
- Accelerometer/Gyroscope 3D accelerometer with 3D gyroscope for logging and crash detection
- Real time clock Yes, super capacitor for backup power (up to 3 days)
- CAN BUS
- CAN interface 2 x CAN2.0 A/B
- CAN standard CAN2.0 A/B – 125, 250, 500, 1000 kbps
- Input/output stream User defined with bit masking,
- up to 100 input messages
- Logical operations AND, OR, NOT, XOR, >, <, =, >=, <=, !=, isTrue, isFalse, Toggle, Flash, Pulse
- Number of functions 100
- Number of operations 250
- Update frequency 500Hz
- Special functions Wipers, Indicators
Estimated dispatch time within 3 working days.
Picture for illustration purposes only. Actual parts may differ slightly in appearance.